Five crucial leadership lessons from a working mother by Melissa Kushner at The Globe and Mail on 18 February 2014
This article gets straight to the point – so will I.
- Use your gender to your advantage – men and women leaders should both be at the table, and women should embrace their skills
- Be resolute in your decision to be a working mother – you have to be able to accept that there will have to be trade-offs
- Being a mother can make you a better leader – you have to become more efficient to get everything done
- Embrace your strengths and your weaknesses – work on your weaknesses, build on your strengths, but don’t be afraid to be who you are and what you believe in
- Trust your team (and if you don’t, get a new team) – surround yourself with people who “complement your skills and compensate for your weaknesses”