Helping you with leadership, geocaching and restaurant reviews
Why should you read any further?
You want to know more about:
- Leadership (there are lots of things to think about – I tend to highlight vision, communication, and teamwork)
- Geocaching (think of it as an international scavenger hunt using Global Positioning Satellites) and geocaching-related tool and techniques (especially the Geocaching Swiss Army Knife).
- Podcasting (it’s an internet radio show)
- Website design (it’s not as hard as you think – I have several!)
You are wondering who Chris Hache is, and how I can help you or your tream.
You are my family, and you simply want to keep up with what’s going on in my life!
For some strange reason, the internet sent you here – it’s a sign!
Louis Christian (Chris) Haché, MSM, CD
A bilingual officer with 29 years of service in the Royal Canadian Navy, I have sailed in ships and submarines around the world. I’ve also had some pretty interesting positions in the United Kingdom, Australia, and the United States. If you’re looking for a comprehensive breakdown, please check out my LinkedIn profile. My greatest career highlight to date was serving as the Chief of Military Planning and Strategic Measures in Haiti before, during, and after the January 2010 earthquake. My efforts and leadership during this difficult and tragic time earned me the Meritorious Service Medal.
I’ve held a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation since 2011 and have a Master’s Certificate in Project Management (MCPM) from Saint Mary’s University. I was selected as a member of the 2012 Governor General’s Canadian Leadership Conference (GGCLC); this incredible opportunity (and the desire to give back) is one of the reasons that I had created a free podcast and website about leadership – it was called Voices of Canadian Leadership (VOCL). This has now all been rolled into the chrishache.com website.
I love to play an international game called Geocaching. I have been playing for about eight years and have over 5,000 finds. I love the technological aspects of the game. Over the years I have become proficient in the use of a tool called the Geocaching Swiss Army Knife, abbreviated as GSAK. It can make the game so much more fun and make you more productive while playing the game, but some people find it scary. Backed by my experience in adult education, my goal is to help “flatten the learning curve” by breaking it down into bite-sized, actionable videos. I also love cognitive challenges (also known as mystery or puzzle caches); I can help you learn how to solve these as well!
I have been podcasting for over three years, and have put out dozens of episodes. I have learned much along the way, and can help you have your voice heard!
I also enjoy website design – I started at the same time that I started podcasting. I use WordPress as my content management system (CMS), and I use Divi as my main theme. Put another way, WordPress is like the framing on the house and Divi is the siding, the windows, etc. I’ve crafted my websites from the very beginning and I’ve helped several folks in tweaking their websites – I love to teach! If you would like some help to get your website up and running – give me a shout.
In my spare time, I enjoy:
- Escape rooms
- fitness (hockey, yoga, running, elliptical machines, weight training and the incredible TRX
- reading (about leadership and business development)
- social media (including podcasting and website design – there’s so much to learn!)
- community sports (I am a Competition Introduction – Trained ringette coach and a national-level shot clock operator)
- personal/professional development (“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot)