9 Reasons To Lead In A No Spin Zone by Mike Myatt at Forbes on 26 September 2013
A standard-sized article that provides nine good reasons to remember a single point – telling the truth as a component of leadership.
- Telling the truth is a habit
- Telling the truth is the right thing to do
- The heaviest baggage you carry is a lie
- Lies will always come back to haunt you
- Lies create a barrier to personal and professional development
- Truth strengthens your reputation and enhances your personal brand
- Truth deepens the quality of relationships
- A clear conscience leads to a healthy mind
- Truth is a powerful example
Although you shouldn’t need nine reasons to tell the truth, my favourite is captured in point #8 – you have to like what you see when you look in the mirror (physical or metaphorical).