8 Tips For Leading Those Who Don’t Want to Follow by Mike Myatt at Forbes on 1 July 2013.
The author’s eight tips on leading those who don’t want to follow are:
- Be consistent in your messages and your behaviours (builds trust).
- Consider whether a difference is important enough as to need resolving.
- Respect everyone – know the difference between disagreement and disrespect.
- Define (don’t assume) what is and isn’t acceptable behaviour.
- Confront problems quickly – nip them in the bud.
- Understand the “What’s In It For Me” factor – can you get to a win-win?
- View conflict as an opportunity for growth.
- Disagreements are okay, but everyone should be focused on the common objective.